Black Velvet Art Party 2013 will take place on
Saturday, November 2nd. Location TBA.
The Black Velvet Art Party 2012 Theme was “Nautilus!”
The 24th Annual Black Velvet Art Party was held Saturday,
November 3, from 7 PM to 11 PM dockside aboard the
Lake George Steamboat Company’s
Lac du St. Sacrament
in Lake George. Proceeds from the event help fund the Lake George Arts
Project and its gallery exhibition series.
This invigorating gathering of the
local art scene is renowned for its out-of-the ordinary
presentation of black velvet art and
over-the-top apparel. The party features a silent auction of original
black velvet art, art and fashion awards, limbo contest and dance
music with The Garland Nelson Ensemble.
Check out photographer Cheri Bordelon's Black
Velvet Art Party 2012 photo gallery
50% of photo, event disk and digital download sales are contributed to
the Lake George Arts Project.
THANK YOU CHERI!
* Print orders are processed locally at Ray Supply, Inc. in support of
local jobs and small business in the immediate community.
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Gary McCoola
2. Tres Tacky – Wes Keayes
3. Velviagra – Kandi Kelly
4. Svelte – Brooke Witham
5. King BVAP 18th - Bruce Fasset
6. Queen Velveteen - Mary Fasset
1. Best of Black Velvet – Bruce Fasset, “Capricorn Cornucopia Night
2. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Rick Butto, “The Night Sea Sky”
3. Velvelicious (delicious) – Kyle Fasset, “Naughty-Lis Blue Crab”
4. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Fish Creek School of Art, “’Wear” The Wild
5. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Martin Myers, “Nautilus / The Perfect
6. Viva La Velvet – Mike Parwana, “Nautilus”
Calling All Artists!
One of the special features of this event is the silent auction of
"black velvet art" - created and donated by local artists, as well as
past exhibiting artists of the
Courthouse Gallery. Please consider donating work! Download entry
SPECIAL PRE-BVAP EVENT:
JEWELS OF BLACK VELVET!
An art exhibition showcasing works of Black Velvet Art was
held in the first floor gallery space of the M. Dolan Jr.
building at 3 Broad Street in Glens Falls. The art work was
culled from local collectors and featured select pieces
purchased during the 23 years of the Black Velvet Art Party!
All the multi-media 2-D and 3-D work displayed incorporated
black velvet in each piece.
Back to fundraising events >