The 26th Annual Black Velvet Art Party!
The party took place on Saturday,
in Lake George.
This invigorating gathering of the
local art scene is renowned for its out-of-the ordinary
presentation of black velvet art and
over-the-top apparel. The party featured a silent auction of
original black velvet art, art and fashion awards, lite fare and live dance music with
Big Fez &
Above: BVAP "Gnarly" 2014 Winners!
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Mike Vittengl
.2. Tres Tacky – Mel Ostberg
3. Velviagra – Billijo Meader
4. Svelte – Ray Perry
5. Velvelicious - Cathy DeDe
6. King BVAP 26th - Brian Landenburger
7. Queen Velveteen - Denise Perry
1. Best of Black Velvet – Gary McCoola, “Gimme Shelter"
2. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Armon Art Brown, "Gnarly"
3. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Joy McCoola, "Grate Openings"
4. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Kat Griffin, "Gnarly Fairy
5. Velvet Underground – Betsy Brandt, "After Rousseau"
6. BV Amoeba Art Award (Best Amoeba Art) - Sam Bowser,
"Amoebas on Parade"
Proceeds from the event help fund the Lake George Arts
and its gallery exhibition series.
Back to fundraising events >