Above: BVAP "Nautilus" 2012 Winners!
Black Velvet Art Party 2013:
The 25th Annual Black Velvet Art Party took place on
November 2, 2013, 7 - 11 pm,
dockside aboard the
Lake George Steamboat Company’s
Lac du St. Sacrament
in Lake George.
Proceeds from the event help fund the Lake George Arts
Project and its gallery exhibition series.
This invigorating gathering of the
local art scene is renowned for its out-of-the ordinary
presentation of black velvet art and
over-the-top apparel. The party features a silent auction of
original black velvet art, art and fashion awards, limbo contest
and live dance music with the
One of the special features of this event is the silent auction of
"black velvet art" - created and donated by local artists, as well as
past exhibiting artists of the
We will soon have a link for 2013 photos - check
for Last year's photos -
The Black Velvet Art Party 2012 Theme was “Nautilus!”
Check out photographer Cheri Bordelon's Black
Velvet Art Party 2012 photo gallery
50% of photo, event disk and digital download sales are contributed to
the Lake George Arts Project.
THANK YOU CHERI!
* Print orders are processed locally at Ray Supply, Inc. in support of
local jobs and small business in the immediate community.
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Carollee Labruzzo
2. Tres Tacky – Pat Babe
3. Velviagra – Debbie Gaddy
4. Svelte – Jeannette Brandt
5. King BVAP 25th - John Gaddy
6. Queen Velveteen - Hannah Chorman
1. Best of Black Velvet – Mary Fasset, “Scarf It Up"
2. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Margaret Wallace, “Heat Quilt”
3. Velvelicious (delicious) – Judy Chase, “Sunrise Bird Purse”
4. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Jen Sanford, “’Cat”
5. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Ruth Ward, “Vintage Lace and Silk
6. Velvet Underground (The Wild-Side Award) – Bruce Fasset, “Shine On
7. BV Amoeba Art Award (Best Amoeba Art) - Sam Bowser, "Lake
George Testate Amoeba"
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Gary McCoola
2. Tres Tacky – Wes Keayes
3. Velviagra – Kandi Kelly
4. Svelte – Brooke Witham
5. King BVAP 24th - Bruce Fasset
6. Queen Velveteen - Mary Fasset
1. Best of Black Velvet – Bruce Fasset, “Capricorn Cornucopia Night
2. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Rick Butto, “The Night Sea Sky”
3. Velvelicious (delicious) – Kyle Fasset, “Naughty-Lis Blue Crab”
4. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Fish Creek School of Art, “’Wear” The Wild
5. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Martin Myers, “Nautilus / The Perfect
6. Viva La Velvet – Mike Parwana, “Nautilus”
Back to fundraising events >