The 26th Annual Black Velvet Art Party!
This Year's Theme:
November 22, 2014, 7 - 11 pm
in Lake George.
Tickets $25 at the door, or call LGAP for reservations
at (518) 668-2616
Proceeds from the event help fund the Lake George Arts
Project and its gallery exhibition series.
This invigorating gathering of the
local art scene is renowned for its out-of-the ordinary
presentation of black velvet art and
over-the-top apparel. The party features a silent auction of
original black velvet art, art and fashion awards, limbo contest,
lite fare and live dance music with
Big Fez &
Calling all Artists!
One of the special features of this event is the silent auction
of "black velvet art".
The Lake George Arts Project invites artists to
submit original works for the Silent Auction.
HERE for BVAP Art Entry Form.
Work must include black velvet, black velours,
black velveteen, black flock or similar materials.
Artists submitting work receive $10 off their
admission ticket to the Fundraising event.
All entries will be judged and prizes will be awarded for Best
of Show and other categories.
All proceeds from the silent auction of black velvet art benefit
the LGAP’s Courthouse Gallery Exhibitions. For more information
contact Lake George Arts Project, (518) 668-2616,
Artwork can be
delivered on November 18th or 19th from 12 - 5
(or special arrangement, please call ahead),
OR Ship to:
George Arts Project, 1 Amherst Street, Lake George, NY 12845.
Above: BVAP "Shine" 2013 Winners!
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Carollee Labruzzo
2. Tres Tacky – Pat Babe
3. Velviagra – Debbie Gaddy
4. Svelte – Jeannette Brandt
5. King BVAP 25th - John Gaddy
6. Queen Velveteen - Hannah Chorman
1. Best of Black Velvet – Mary Fasset, “Scarf It Up"
2. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Margaret Wallace, “Heat Quilt”
3. Velvelicious (delicious) – Judy Chase, “Sunrise Bird Purse”
4. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Jen Sanford, “’Cat”
5. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Ruth Ward, “Vintage Lace and Silk
6. Velvet Underground (The Wild-Side Award) – Bruce Fasset, “Shine On
7. BV Amoeba Art Award (Best Amoeba Art) - Sam Bowser, "Lake
George Testate Amoeba"
Back to fundraising events >