The last BVAP party took place on Saturday,
November 22, 2014
in Lake George.
It was the 26th Black Velvet Art Party,
and the theme was
Until further notice the BVAP is
The event was known for its out-of-the ordinary
presentation of black velvet art and
over-the-top apparel, and featured a silent auction of
original black velvet art, art and fashion awards.
Above: BVAP "Gnarly" 2014 Winners!
1. The Joan Reid Award (most inappropriate attire) – Mike Vittengl
.2. Tres Tacky – Mel Ostberg
3. Velviagra – Billijo Meader
4. Svelte – Ray Perry
5. Velvelicious - Cathy DeDe
6. King BVAP 26th - Brian Landenburger
7. Queen Velveteen - Denise Perry
1. Best of Black Velvet – Gary McCoola, “Gimme Shelter"
2. Velveeta (the cheesiest) – Armon Art Brown, "Gnarly"
3. Velveluminous (the brightest) – Joy McCoola, "Grate Openings"
4. Velveluptuous (the sexiest) – Kat Griffin, "Gnarly Fairy
5. Velvet Underground – Betsy Brandt, "After Rousseau"
6. BV Amoeba Art Award (Best Amoeba Art) - Sam Bowser,
"Amoebas on Parade"
Proceeds from the event help fund the Lake George Arts
and its gallery exhibition series.
Back to fundraising events >