Call for Artists
One-Day Exhibition + Art Sale
Saturday, June 11, 2022
The Lake George Arts Project and Hudson Crossing Park are teaming up to present a fine art exhibition and sale at the Albany Symphony Orchestra American Music Festival Community Concert at Hudson Crossing Park.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Join the Albany Symphony Orchestra and Hudson Crossing Park for a day full of activities for all ages for Trailblaze: NY, a free community concert and part of the 2022 American Music Festival series. There will be activities in and around Hudson Crossing Park and the greater Schuylerville and Greenwich area throughout the day culminating with a FREE performance at 7pm by the Albany Symphony Orchestra. The full-day event features food and beverage vendors, an art exhibition and sale, and more in the park field in the evening.
This is a great opportunity for regional artists to be a part of an exhibition that will be seen by over 1,000 people!
• 2-D artwork should measure no larger 18” on any side. Artwork does not have to be framed, but should be finished and ready to hang. 3-D works should measure 18” or less. Artwork will be displayed on table easels or using other appropriate presentation means.
• Artists should attach a label with your name, the title of the artwork, the medium, and price. LGAP will create labels for each work as well as a price list for the exhibition.
• Artwork can be dropped on at Hudson Crossing Park or The Courthouse Gallery on prescheduled days or can be dropped off the day of the event (please see participation details for more information). Limit two (2) pieces per artist.
• Artists are encouraged to price their work to sell! All artists will receive 75% of the sale price, and Hudson Crossing Park and The Lake George Arts Project will each receive 12.5% of the artwork sale. LGAP will collect taxes on all sales. Checks will be issued for all artwork sales (less the 25% commission) on Wednesday, June 15th.
• Artists can submit up to 2 works.
Artists who are interested in participating should contact…
…and let them know you would like to be a part of the event. Artists will be responsible for dropping their work off at either Hudson Crossing Park’s administrative office or LGAP’s Courthouse Gallery on specified dates. If you are unable to make it to one of the drop off days or locations, please don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule a drop off time.
Drop Off Days:
Wednesday – Friday, June 1-3, 2022 between 12pm – 4:30pm
Drop Off Locations
LGAP’s Courthouse Gallery: 1 Amherst Street, Lake George NY
Hudson Crossing Park Drop Off: 2 Washington square (second floor, above Just Because), Greenwich NY
If you prefer to drop off work the day of the event (June 11), the drop off time is 11am and you MUST contact either Tanya or Kate to let them know in advance so we can prepare a label and have all of your information ready.
Artists will have to sign a waiver at drop off.
This opportunity is open to all artists.