The Lake George Arts Project is proud to partner with the Caldwell Lake George Library to present the work of local / regional artists at the Library (336 Canada Street, Lake George NY)
• Super easy!
• Fill out the form below (click on the link)
• Email 3 images of your work to [email protected]
• We will send you a quick email when your images and application form are received
• Artists must live and/or work within a 50 mile radius of the Library
• Artwork must be two-dimensional and ready to hang
• Artwork must be appropriate for viewers of all ages
March 3, 2023. Selections will be made in early March and selected artists will be notified by the end of March.
Artists are selected via a blind jurying process that includes representatives from The Caldwell Lake George Library.
Additional Information for Selected Artists:
• Artists will be responsible for installing the work and will be asked to coordinate installation and deinstallation with Library staff
• Artists should have a body of work appropriate for the size of the exhibition space (between 10-15 works to display)
• For 2023, exhibitions are bi-monthly, with the first exhibition beginning on April 1st.
• Artists should provide the Lake George Arts Project with an artist statement and list of works (including prices) one month prior to the start of your show. The Lake George Arts Project will provide signage about the exhibition and labels for each piece.
• The Lake George Arts Project and the Library are committed to cross-promoting our exhibitions. Selected artists will be asked to provide 3, high-resolution, images of their work for promotional purposes.
• Selected artists will be encouraged to visit the Library and see the space so they are best prepared for installation
• Sales will be processed on site
• The commission for sales is as follows: 75% to the artist, 12.5% to the Library, 12.5% to LGAP
• Purchasers will be allowed to take the work home at time of purchase – many of the library’s visitors, especially in the summer, are visitors to the region and we would never want to miss out on a sale!
• If a piece is sold, the exhibiting artist will be given an opportunity to replace it.
Tanya Tobias, Executive Director, Lake George Arts Project: [email protected]